Thursday 8 November 2012

She's SpectaculART!



SpectaculART is the new November limited edition from Catrice. It has been a while since I bought something from Catrice's limited editions, since I didn't feel like anything was spectacular (what's in the name?) enough. But these eyeshadows immediately draw my attention, and before I knew it I was happily going home with them, along with two other products from the collection. Take a look for the swatches!


 Pure Chrome Eyeshadow - So Precious

Pure Chrome Eyeshadow - Artfully Lustrous
The eyeshadows are really pretty! Look at the pattern, how it looks like someone has put their finger in it. Never seen that before, and therefore they had to be in my stash. €3,99 each.

Superfine Eyeliner Pen - Black Bindi

To be honest with you guys, I did not need an eyeliner pen. I'm currently using the Master Precise eyeliner from Max Factor, but when I swatched this eyeliner in the store, I suddenly remembered what black should look like. No, really. My Master Precise has become a grey grandma, without me even noticing it. Time to replace that old lady. €2,99

Sheer Lip Colour - Soulful 


Soulful. Well, I don't know if the photographer of this LE has as much soul as Stevie Wonder, but he certainly is as blind. I think he got the wrong lipstick. I mean, look at the difference! One's purple, and one is .. Pinky-purple? €3,99




The swatches! As you can see, the lipstick is quite sheer. Which is like the packaging said. I think it's a pretty, wearable, not too much in-your-face color. The eyeliner is just great. Black as black should be, and able to draw thin lines.
Then the spectacular eyeshadows. Unfortunately,  they kind of disappointed me. The pigmentation isn't very good, as you can see. Now Artfully Lustrous could be used as a highlighter, but So Precious? Come on Catrice, you could have done much better. I really had to add like four layers before this color was even visible on my eyes. Once again a lesson learned; don't judge a book by it's cover. 


Full face look. Crappy picture, I know. My camera was being stubborn. Artfully Lustrous in the inner corner of my eyes, Soulful on my lips. So Precious and Black Bindi are somewhere on my not-so-visible-eyelids. Working with the pigmentation-lacking eyeshadows was possible, they just needed a lot of built up. The conclusion is that I'm really happy with the eyeliner and sheer lip color, but the eyeshadows are just beautiful to look at.

What do you think of this LE? 

PS Don't forget to enter my Tattly *Give Away*

17 comments:

  1. Wauw, de lipstick is heel erg mooi, staat je goed! De eyeliner lijkt mij fijn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. die oogschaduw ziet er zo mooi uit! XO

    p.s. op mijn blog valt €25,- shop tegoed te winnen! klik hier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lipstick staat je mooi, en wauw dat van die oogschaduws heb ik ook nog nooit gezien!

    ReplyDelete
  4. De lipstick staat je super mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't know Catrice but those two colours look great I could definitely see myself wearing them. The lipstick is pretty awesome too!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh i love it! Vooral de oogschaduws! Het patroontje is zooo gaaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wauwie heel mooi! Lipstick staat je goed (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh how gorgeous this looks,babe!Can't take my eyes off;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing presentation of the items <3

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ik vind de oogschaduws echt geweldig joh!

    ReplyDelete